As promised, MuscleNerd of Dev-Team has released an updated version of redsn0w 0.9.7b1 tool as the “backup plan” for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. Updated redsn0w is said to jailbreak iPhone 4 and other fourth generation devices such as the iPod Touch 4 and the iPad.
Important points to consider before you use redsn0w 0.9.7b1
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222″. If the relay isn’t installed or running correctly by the time the redsn0w ramdisk has started, you’ll need to restore to stock FW again to try it again. Please test it beforehand to save yourself some time!
Known Bugs in redsn0w 0.9.7b1
- Task switcher causes Springboard crash (temporary workaround is to use SBSettings process list)
- iPod player only works on ipt4g right now
- Bluetooth currently disabled due to sandbox problem
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 for Mac OS
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 for Mac OS X