Today berserker_devel at the XDA Developers site has shared some videos (below) on BlueputDroid, which is that allows Android phones to control a PS3 acting as a remote control.
To quote from GamesRadar.com (linked above): "The independent developer has tested it out on , HTC , and LG Optimus One - all with rooted firmwares. He was not able to get it working on the Optimus One.
BlueputDroid is the first app to allow a smartphone to pair up with the PS3 as an . There have been other Bluetooth apps for Android that more flexibility in syncing the phone to a computer, but this is the first working app for PS3 connectivity."
From the video's caption: "This is a work in progress of my last "BlueputDroid". With this app you will be able to device as a bluetooth keyboard for your PS3.
Nexus One Tested on a rooted Nexus One running a "clean" Cyanogen 6.1.1 (root is required to make it work). A beta version will be released soon on the , stay tuned!"
Finally, the list of currently supported and unsupported devices is below:
BlueputDroid Supported devices:
• Google Nexus One (made by HTC)
• Google Nexus S (made by Samsung)
• Motorola Milestone
• Motorola Cliq
• Motorola Cliq XT
• Motorola Droid X
• SonyEricsson Xperia X10
• Archos 5 Internet Tablet
• Dell Streak
• T-Mobile G2
• Acer Liquid (only on Android 2.1+)
• Motorola Droid (only with custom , like Cyanogenmod)
• HTC Hero (only with custom firmware, like DarchDroid or FroydVillain)
• HTC Eris (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
• HTC Desire/HD (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
• (only with custom firmware, like IncDoes)
• HTC HD2 (only with custom firmware, like Amelia X6 HD2Froyo)
• Samsung Galaxy Spica (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
• T-Mobile G1 (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
• HTC Touch HD (originally WinMo device, works only with Android firmware, like Cyanogenmod/Neopeek)
BlueputDroid Unsupported devices:
• Samsung Moment
• Samsung Galaxy Spica
• Samsung Galaxy S (this includes Captivate, Vibrant, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Showcase, Mesmerize, Continuum, K, U or any other variant of the Galaxy S series devices, but excluding Nexus S, which doesn't have Samsung's software, and which works!)
• Samsung Galaxy Tab
• HTC Eris
• HTC Incredible
• HTC Desire/HD
• HTC Desire Z
• HTC Legend
• HTC Hero
• HTC Magic
• HTC Evo 4G
• HTC Aria
• HTC/T-Mobile myTouch 4G
• LG Optimus S/T/One
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks news. Also be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks Forum for updates!
Stay with us for more news...................