Today MultiMAN's deanrr has made available new PS3 EBOOTMod and EBOOTFix Tools, which allow users to decrypt and re-encrypt newer PlayStation 3
: PS3 EBOOTMod and EBOOTFix Tools files for use on older PS3 versions.
To quote: Here is an updated version of the tools. They now handle properly SPRX files. (thanks to belmondo for the hints!)
There are few important fixes (about path with spaces and wrong byte change which may cause crashes and also fixed PARAM.SFO in RETAIL to be DG type). Don't use previous versions I posted. This package also includes multiMAN 01.16.11 (TEST UPDATE#5) which handles properly SPRX files during SHADOW COPY.
ebootFIX now TWO separate folders:
One is [NPDRM] - to be used as PSN-styled game to launch from XMB (to be used with multiMAN's shadow copy)
The other one is [RETAIL] - it will generate the structure with all subfolders + all EBOOT.BIN / *.self / *.sprx files.
[NPDRM] has a PKG file to be used with multiMAN's shadow copy.
[RETAIL] can be used to directly replace the files in your original .
Let me know if it works properly for you.
Short readme for ebootMOD and ebootFIX:
ebootFIX: Drag and drop a PS3 game folder to ebootFIX.exe.
For example drag&drop
to ebootFIX.exe. ebootFIX processes whole game folders and produces two output folders:
[NPDRM] - folder - content ready to be installed as PSN-style XMB game:
You will find two PKG files in the folder. The tool will decrypt and sign all executables (EBOOT.BIN and other .self / .sprx files) to make them compatible with lower firmware versions. Follow the generated in [NPDRM] folder.
[RETAIL] - folder - all files which you can replace in your original backup copy to via a Game Manager.
ebootMOD: Drag & drop a file (EBOOT.BIN, .self or .sprx) to ebootMOD.exe. It will decrypt and sign the file to make it compatible with lower firmware versions. The generated file will be saved in the same folder with the original, prefixed with "MODIFIED_".
More options available via command-line.
Steps are simple and anyone can manage to create PKG for any game he wishes.
1) Drag&drop PS3_GAME folder of your game to ebootFIX.exe
2) You will get a ready to use PKG file
3) it on your PS3 and start the game from the XMB.
4) Get your game on your PS3′s INTERNAL HDD
5) Start multiMAN, go to FileManager (select+start)
6) Browse to your game backup, select PS3_GAME folder and press [R3]
7) multiMAN will create some links/shadow copies for your game (no space needed)
8 ) Exit multiMAN and start the game from XMB
You can find eboot_FIX application in the first post of multiMANs thread. Once the program completes youll get an instructions (.txt) file if you dont understand the steps above read the .txt instructions.
Example: Colin McRae Dirt (1) doesnt work from a backup. So if you drag&drop its PS3_GAME folder to ebootFIX.exe youll get two folders:
* [BLES00095] [RETAIL] Colin McRae DiRT and
* [BLES00095] [NPDRM] Colin McRae DiRT (HDD) with files:
1) [BLES00095] Colin McRae DiRT (HDD).pkg
2) [BLES00095] Colin McRae DiRT (HDD)-FW_355.pkg
3) [BLES00095] Colin McRae DiRT (HDD).txt (instructions as posted below)
To use this tutorial you will need a Windows PC and PS3 with multiMAN 01.16.12 (or newer). Please follow these steps exactly in this order! Do not skip or reverse the steps.
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO USE NPDRM VERSION (PSN-like boot from XMB):
[PC] folder generated: [BLES00095] [NPDRM] Colin McRae DiRT (HDD):
!) [PS3] Delete all GAME DATA you may have on you PS3 system for Colin McRae: DiRT game!
1) [PC] Copy the generated PKG file to the root folder of or USB HDD:
> for firmwares 01.90-03.41: [BLES00095] Colin McRae DiRT (HDD).pkg
> for firmwares 03.55- : [BLES00095] Colin McRae DiRT (HDD)-FW_355.pkg
2) [PS3] Install the PKG file from [* Install package files] menu on your PS3
3) [PS3] Open multiMAN in file manager mode on your PS3 system (press SELECT+START)
4) [PS3] Browse to your game (on internal HDD) and press [R3] while PS3_GAME folder is selected
5) This operation will create SHADOW copy of Colin McRae: DiRT to:
and > /dev_hdd0/game/BLES00095
6) [PS3] Exit multiMAN
7) [PS3] Launch the game directly from Colin McRae: DiRT (HDD) icon on the [GAME] column in XMB
8 ) [PS3] If prompted to update the game to newer version cancel the update
!) You can use [BLES00095] [MODIF] files directly with your game if you decide
not to use the (HDD) PKGs, but you will have to rename them to the original names and replace in your game backup folder OR just use files from:
[BLES00095] [RETAIL] Colin McRae DiRT folder.
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO USE RETAIL VERSION (with a game manager):
[PC] folder generated: [BLES00095] [RETAIL] Colin McRae DiRT:
1) Replace all files in your original game backup with the contents of the [RETAIL] folder
2) That is it
*) DISCLAIMER: Use this application ONLY with legally owned content!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks news. Also be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks Forum for updates!